- Predefined Variables
- A Script to Acquire User Input
- Accessing Form Input with User Defined Arrays
- Accessing Form Input with Built-In Arrays
- Distinguishing Between GET and POST Transactions
- Combining HTML and PHP Code on a Single Page
- Using Hidden Fields to Save State
- Redirecting the User
- File Upload Forms and Scripts
Can I create arrays for values entered into elements other than select and check box fields?
Yes, in fact any element name ending with empty square brackets in a form will resolve to an array element when the form is submitted. You can use this fact to group values submitted from multiple fields of any type into an array.
The header() function seems powerful. Will we look at HTTP headers in more detail?
We cover HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) in more detail in Hour 13, "Beyond the Box."
Automatically converting form element names into variables seems a little risky. Can I disable this feature?
Yes, you can ensure that submitted form element names are not converted into global variables by setting the register_globals directive to "off" in the php.ini file.