- Predefined Variables
- A Script to Acquire User Input
- Accessing Form Input with User Defined Arrays
- Accessing Form Input with Built-In Arrays
- Distinguishing Between GET and POST Transactions
- Combining HTML and PHP Code on a Single Page
- Using Hidden Fields to Save State
- Redirecting the User
- File Upload Forms and Scripts
If you've kept up so far, things should be getting exciting now. You have the tools to create truly sophisticated and interactive environments. There are still a few things missing, of course. Now that you can get information from the user, it would be nice to be able to do something with it. Write it to a file, perhaps. That is the subject of the next hour.
Throughout this hour, you have learned how to work with the $GLOBALS associative array and acquire predefined variables, form input, and uploaded files using global variables. You have also learned how to send raw headers to the client to redirect a browser. You have learned how to acquire list information from form submissions and how to pass information from script call to script call using hidden fields.