- Why Are Trusted Platforms Being Developed?
- The Trusted Computing Platform Alliance and the TCPA Specification
- What Is a Trusted Platform?
- Basic Concepts in the Trusted Platform Model
- Basic Functionalities of a Trusted Platform
- Benefits of Using Trusted Computing Technology
- Summary of TCPA Technology
The Trusted Computing Platform Alliance and the TCPA Specification
These issues, coupled with emerging e-business opportunities that demand higher levels of confidence, have led to the Trusted Computing Platform Alliance (TCPA) designing a specification for computing platforms that creates a foundation of trust for software processes, based on a small amount of hardware within such platforms.
The TCPA specification is intended for use in the real world of electronic commerce, electronic business, and corporate infrastructure security. The specification is a mixture of informative comment and normative statements that give a list of all the things that must be done.