- Management Server Functions
- Section 2.7: Solaris OE Installation Preparation on Each Cluster Node
- Section 2.8: Install the Solaris 8 Operating Environment on Each Cluster Node
- Section 2.9: Install Recommended Solaris OE Patches on Each Cluster Node
- Section 2.10: The Solaris OE Post Installation and Configuration
- Section 2.11: Configure Additional Cluster Management Services
- Appendix A: System Configuration Files
As stated in the introduction, this lab guide is intended for use by qualified network administrators.
For installation queries, shell usage questions, patches, and packages, refer to the Sun Educational Services manuals for the "Solaris System Administration 1" and "Solaris System Administration 2" courses.
This module builds on concepts presented in the Cluster Column published in January, 2002, "Guide to InstallationHardware Setup." Before you read this module, familiarize yourself with the content in that publication, paying special attention to the hardware configuration and components described in Figure 1-1 and Tables 1-1 to 1-5.