- Part 3: Working with Folders
- Task 2: Opening the My Documents Folder
- Task 3: Opening the My Pictures Folder
- Task 4: Opening the My Music Folder
- Task 5: Selecting a Folder
- Task 6: Navigating Folders
- Task 7: Changing the Window View
- Task 8: Sorting the Contents of a Window
- Task 9: Grouping Icons
- Task 10: Creating a New Folder
- Task 11: Displaying the Folders List
- Task 12: Copying Folders
- Task 13: Moving Folders
- Task 14: Renaming Folders
- Task 15: Deleting Folders
- Task 16: Changing the Folder Options
Task 8: Sorting the Contents of a Window
You sort the contents of a window so that you can more easily find the folders and files you want. Windows enables you to arrange the contents of a window by name, type, date, and size. All views show the sort, but the change is most apparent in Details view.
Sort in Details View
You can also click the column header in the Details view to sort by that column. Click once to sort in ascending order; click the column heading again to sort in descending order.
My Computer Sorts
If you are working in the My Computer window, you have different options for arranging the icons. You can arrange by name, type, total size, free space, or comment.