- Deciding What to Buy or Not to Buy
- Questions to Ask a Potential ColdFusion Provider
- Exploring ColdFusion Server Varieties
- Installing ColdFusion Server on Windows Platforms
- Installing ColdFusion Server on Unix-Based Platforms
- Verifying Server Setup
- Understanding the ColdFusion Administrator
- Datasource Options and Setup
- Starting and Stopping ColdFusion Service
Verifying Server Setup
After completing the initial setup phase, it's important to test ColdFusion Server. Open a browser on your system and enter this URL:
If all went well, you'll see the ColdFusion Administrator login page, as shown in Figure 3.3.
Figure 3.3 The entry page in ColdFusion Administrator.
If you don't see the administration page, or your Web server software returns a 404 error (page not found), check the following:
Did you use the default installation paths when installing the software? If you specified a directory or folder other than the default, the Administrator page will be at a location other than http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/Administrator/index.cfm.
Did the installation fully complete? In some cases, other programs on your computersuch as anti-virus softwaremight cause the installation to hang. Disable the offending program and start the ColdFusion installation again.
Is your Web server running? ColdFusion absolutely requires that your Web server software be enabled.
That's about it. It's a deceptively simple setupeven easier than installing your average Web browser. Don't get overconfident on me, though. You still have 19 days to go, and there are more complex issues ahead!