- Using the AARP App
- Finding Interesting Accommodations with the Airbnb App
- Using Foursquare to Enhance Your Travel Choices
- Exchanging Homes Is a Great Way to See the World
- Arranging Travel Using the Kayak App
- Finding Your Way Using the iPad Maps App
- SeatGuru by TripAdvisor
- Communicating in a Foreign Country Is Easy When You Use Talking Translator
- Getting Travel Advice from Others Using TripAdvisor
- Getting a Ride Using the Uber App
Getting Travel Advice from Others Using TripAdvisor
Whether you travel a few miles or thousands of miles from home, TripAdvisor serves to enhance that experience. With just a few taps, you have access to restaurants, hotels, things to do, and the thoughts of many people who have preceded you at your chosen destination. With TripAdvisor, you also have the ability to save your favorites.
To start, search the App Store TripAdvisor Hotels Flights Restaurants. Tap Get, and then tap Install to download and install the app. Tap the icon for the app on your Home screen to open it.
The first few slides ask you several questions about accessing your location, notifications, and ways to sign in. Tap Skip in the upper-right corner until you get to the main page of TripAdvisor.
You can see the options you can explore through TripAdvisor along the left side of the screen. Tap the button that corresponds to what you want to explore.
For this example, I tapped Restaurants and typed San Francisco for the location to search.
The restaurant page now enables you the opportunity to refine your search by cuisine, price range, and locations within the city by tapping the Filter button.
In this example, I chose all cuisines, all prices, all neighborhoods, and all dining options.
- At the time of this search, 5,214 restaurants were listed in San Francisco. You can tap the map to find the location of restaurants near your present location.
Tap on The Bimini Twist insert to see further details.
- If you find the information interesting, you can tap Reviews, Photos, or Visit Website to see what others are saying or get even more information.
After you find a restaurant or hotel that you want to check out, tap the Save button to add it to your favorites.
You can tap Reserve with OpenTable to make a reservation (not shown).