Applying the International Function Point Users Group Counting Rules: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How to Identify the Scope and Boundary of a Count
- How to Count ILFs and EIFs
- Some Typical Errors in Identifying ILFs and EIFs
- How to Count EIs
- How to Count Transactions
- Some Typical Errors in Identifying EIs
- How to Count EQs
- Some Typical Errors in Identifying EQs
- How to Count EOs
- Some Typical Errors in Identifying EOs
EOs should be counted only when there is unique processing.
A physical file sent to multiple locations with exactly the same data but different routing (addresses) is counted as one EO (or one EQ).
Multiple versions of the same views (same fields, but different months, quartiles, locations, and so on) without any unique processing should be counted only once.
Identical reports with the same fields but different data values, such as a geographical or sales report, are counted only once.
Re-sorting or rearranging a set of data without other processing logic is not counted.