More Good Nimda Resources
SearchSecurity.com has put together a Web page entitled "Learn about Nimda" that brings many good stories and advisories together at http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/featuredTopic/0,290042,sid14_gci770745,00.html. Of special interest is the interview entitled "Expert tells you how to deal with Nimda."
Check your antivirus vendor's site for its coverage of this virus/worm. At last check, all the major antivirus vendors had posted information on Nimda, as follows:
All the major advisory sources also now offer Nimda coverage. We've already mentioned SANS; other sources of information include the following:
- Russ Cooper, Surgeon General at the International Computer Security Association (ICSA) a.k.a. TruSecure Corporation, provides his take on Nimda at http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/qna/0,289202,sid14_gci770749,00.html.
- The Federal Computer Incident Response Center, FedCIRC, has a Nimda advisory at http://www2.fedcirc.gov/advisories/FA-2001-26.html.
- The U.S. Department of Energy's Computer Incident Advisory Capability (CIAC) has a Nimda advisory at http://www.ciac.org/ciac/bulletins/l-144.shtml.
- The FBI's National Infrastructure Protection Center (NIPC) has a Nimda advisory at http://www.nipc.gov/warnings/advisories/2001/01-022.htm.
- The ICSA Nimda advisory is at http://www.trusecure.com/html/tspub/hypeorhot/rxalerts/tsa01024c_cid180.shtml.