This chapter is from the book
- What are the advantages of normalization?
- What are the advantages of denormalization?
- Why are joins such costly operations?
- How do document database modelers avoid costly joins?
- How can adding data to a document cause more work for the I/O subsystem in addition to adding the data to a document?
- How can you, as a document database modeler, help avoid that extra work mentioned in Question 5?
- Describe a situation where it would make sense to have many indexes on your document collections.
- What would cause you to minimize the number of indexes on your document collection?
- Describe how to model a many-to-many relationship.
- Describe three ways to model hierarchies in a document database.