- Certification Starting Points
- Master Certified Novell Engineer (MCNE)
- Certified Directory Engineer (CDE)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer + Internet
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
- Dual Certification
- Other Certifications to Consider
Certified Directory Engineer (CDE)
Novell describes the Certified Directory Engineer as "an elite-level, professional certification that is available to senior engineers and consultants involved in the design, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of directories and directory-enabled solutions." Novell goes on to describe this certification as being "extremely rigorous" and requiring "hands-on laboratory evaluations" that will challenge the industry's best IT professionals.
If you are an independent consultant or are thinking about opening your own consulting business, the Certified Directory Engineer may be an excellent option for you to pursue. It will make you much more comfortable with Novell technology and make you much more valuable to your company and your clients. You can also demand a higher salary and greater benefits should you decide to pursue an opportunity with another company.