Use the Pop-Up Editing Menu Box
After you tap and hold on a word in the book, a pop-up editing menu appears above the word, so you can perform specific tasks, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4 The pop-up editing menu is a box that contains a series of eight icons.
There are eight separate icons within the menu, from left to right:
- Add a note to the book that you can refer to later. You learn more about adding a note later in this article.
- Copy the highlighted text to the clipboard.
- Translate the highlighted text to one of a variety of different languages.
- Search for other instances of the selected text in the rest of the book.
- Four highlight color dots: red, yellow, green, and blue. Tap a color to highlight the selected text in that color.
Note that the next time you select the highlighted text, the color dot icon for your highlighted text has a circle around it in the same color. You also see an icon that has an X with a circle around it; tap this icon to remove the highlight from the text.