Read an Issue
The Play Newsstand app contains several options that make reading a magazine easier for you.
- Open the Play Newsstand app as described earlier in this chapter.
- Tap Magazines.
- Swipe down to view the magazine issue you want to read. and then tap the cover image.
- Tap the cover at the top of the screen to begin reading the magazine on the entire screen starting with the front cover.
Swipe from left to right to view each page in the magazine on the entire screen (see Figure 15). If you come to the beginning or end of the magazine, you see a blue bar appear on the left side of the screen for a second or two. This blue bar means you’ve reached the beginning or end of the magazine. You can return to the issue home screen by tapping the Back touch button.
Figure 15 The contents page of the magazine appears on the entire screen.
Swipe up and down the page to view thumbnail sized pages within the magazine. Two pages are shown in each page row with even numbered pages on the left and odd numbered pages on the right (see Figure 16).
Figure 16 The blue menu bar appears above the list of thumbnail-sized page images on the screen.
- Tap the page to view it on the entire screen.
- Return to the top of the issue home screen by swiping on the screen from top to bottom. When you do, you see the menu bar at the top of the screen, as shown in Figure 16.
- View a list of articles instead of thumbnail images by sliding the button in the upper-right corner of the menu bar from right to left. Then you can swipe up and down the screen to view the article title and the first sentence or two of each article within each article tile in the list; tap the tile to read the text of the article on the entire screen.
Now that you’re up to speed on reading books and magazines, enjoy exploring the Play Books and Play Magazines apps so that you can read your favorite materials conveniently on your Galaxy Tab 4.