Playing Music in Google Play Music
After you purchase music, you can play a song or series of songs in Google Play Music.
- If the Play Music app isn’t open, open the app as you learned to do earlier in this article.
- Tap the Google Play Music icon at the left side of the orange menu bar that appears at the top of the screen.
- Tap My Library.
- In the category bar below the orange menu bar, tap Songs.
Swipe up and down the list of songs in the album (if necessary) and then tap the song title in the list, as shown in Figure 13.
Figure 13 The Songs category appears in the category list below the orange menu bar, and the playback controls appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Pause button while you’re playing the song to pause playback.
- Tap the Play button to resume playing the song.
- Tap the Rewind icon to begin playing at the beginning of the song.
- Tap the Fast Forward icon to move to the end of the song.
- Rate the song so that other Google Play users can view it by tapping the thumbs up (good) or thumbs down (bad) icons.
View more song options by tapping the menu icon to the right of the song title in the list. The menu appears on the screen, as shown in Figure 14.
Figure 14 The song options menu appears on the right side of the screen.
- Have the Play Music app play all songs in the list randomly by tapping Start Instant Mix.
- Play the next song in the list by tapping Play Next.
- Download the song to your Galaxy Tab 4 by tapping Add to Queue.
- Add the song to a new playlist by tapping Add to Playlist.
- Within the Add to Playlist window, tap a playlist to add the song to a playlist.
- View all the artist’s albums that you’ve added to your library by tapping Go to Artist.
- View the album you’ve added to your library by tapping Go to Album.
- Tap Delete to delete the song from your Galaxy Tab 4 and from your playlist within the Play Music app.
- Tap Share to share the music file with other Google+ users in a Google+ post.
- Tap Shop This Artist to shop for more music from the artist in the Google Play Store.
- Tap the Back touch button to close the menu and return to the list of songs.
Now that you know how to view movies and TV shows as well as listen to music on the Tab 4, enjoy exploring the Play Movies & TV and Play Music apps to get the most from your multimedia.