Purchasing Music in Google Play Music
The Galaxy Tab 4 includes the preinstalled Google Play Music app for finding, previewing, purchasing, downloading, and playing music to your Tab 4. This app isn’t the only one you can use, however—there are plenty of other music apps available for download in the Google Play Store.
- Tap the Apps icon on the Home screen.
Tap Play Music, as shown in Figure 9.
Figure 9 The Play Music app icon appears at the bottom of the Apps screen.
- Tap Get Started to play any song in the Google Play music catalog free for 30 days. After the 30-day trial period, you can choose to purchase a membership for $9.99 per month.
- For now, tap Use Standard to continue.
- In the Other Ways to Play screen, tap Done.
- Tap the Google Play Music icon at the left side of the orange menu bar that appears at the top of the screen.
- Tap Shop in the list.
- The Music screen shows the latest free music and exclusive videos. Swipe up and down the screen to view more featured songs and albums in a variety of categories.
- Tap More to view more songs and albums in the category.
- In the orange menu bar at the top of the page, tap Top Albums to view the best-selling albums in Google Play. Note that options in Steps 11 through 13 also discuss options in the orange menu bar.
- Tap New Releases to view the newest albums in Google Play.
- Tap Top Songs to view the best-selling songs in Google Play.
- Tap Genres to view categories of music you can choose from.
View all the genres by swiping up and down in the list. When you find a genre you want, tap the genre name in the list, as shown in Figure 10.
Figure 10 The genres list appears on the left side of the screen.
- Swipe up and down the screen to view different sections of the genre page.
- Tap a category to view new releases and recommendations in the genre.
- Tap Genres to view a list of subgenres within the main genre.
- Tap a subgenre in the list.
Top-selling albums in that subgenre appear on the screen, as shown in Figure 11. Scroll up and down the screen to view all the top albums.
Figure 11 Each album appears as a tile on the screen, and the orange menu bar appears at the top of the screen.
- On the orange menu bar at the top of the screen, tap Top Songs to view the best-selling songs in the subgenre.
- On the orange menu bar at the top of the screen, tap New Releases to view newly released songs and albums within that subgenre.
- Tap the album tile on the screen to view more information about the album and listen to songs in the album.
- The title and album cover appears at the top of the screen. You can purchase the entire album by tapping the purchase button that contains the album price.
Swipe down the page to view a list of songs, as shown in Figure 12.
Figure 12 A list of songs within the album appears as you scroll down the album screen.
- Tap a song name to play a 90-second snippet of that song.
- Tap Play All to play all the snippets in the album.
- Purchase a song on the album by tapping the purchase button that contains the price of that specific song.
- Swipe from bottom to top on the page to view the remaining songs, reviews from other Google Play users who downloaded the songs or album, see more albums by the artist, and also view similar artists.
- Purchase the album by tapping the purchase button at the top of the screen. The purchase button is orange and contains the price of the album (refer to Figure 12); the purchase button shows the purchase price of $10.49 at the top-right area of the screen.
- The Google Play window appears with the price of the album and the credit card Google Play uses to process the transaction.
- Tap Buy to purchase the album.
- After you purchase a song, a Shopping bag with a check mark tells you that you have downloaded the song to your Tab 4 successfully.
- Tap the Listen button to the right of the song you’ve purchased to listen to the song.