Use Firefly Technology
Point your phone’s camera at an item, and with the press of a button, Firefly identifies the product and provides more detail. Firefly also reads printed text and phone numbers, allowing you to save contacts, make calls, visit a web address, and more, without having to type the content. The technology also reads QR codes, recognizes songs, and even recognizes nearly one-quarter million movies and TV episodes. This unique technology identifies more than 100 million items for you to learn useful information or take action (such as purchasing the item) within seconds.
Use Firefly to Identify Products
You can scan objects to gain more information about them by using Firefly. The Firefly button is the bottom button located under the Volume buttons on the left side of the phone.
Press and hold the Firefly button, even from the lock screen. Remember that the Firefly button also doubles as the Camera button, so if you press it once without holding, you access the Camera app. When Firefly is active, you notice firefly lights moving onscreen.
- To identify a song, TV show, or physical product, hold your phone near the source.
- Tap the music icon to identify a song.
- Tap the video icon to identify a video.
Tap the image of the product onscreen that you are scanning to specify the location to scan, and then wait. A label appears at the bottom of the screen if Firefly can identify the product.
Tap the label if the scan were successful for additional options, such as a direct link to purchase the product.
- Tap Shop Amazon to purchase the item.
- Tap Share This Identification to share the item via Email, Facebook, Bluetooth, Messaging, and other communication options you have installed on your Fire phone.
- Tap View Original Photo to view the image you took of the product.
- Tap Send Us Feedback to submit comments to Amazon.
Tap Delete from History to remove the item from your Firefly history.