The workshop contains quiz questions and exercises to help you solidify your understanding of the material covered. Try to answer all questions before looking at the answers that follow.
- What command opens the Swift REPL?
- Use a playground to write Swift code that multiplies the numbers 3 and 19 and stores the value in a variable named result. What does the code look like?
- How do you quit the Swift REPL?
- What is the minimum Mac OS X version that runs Xcode 6?
What would be the output of the following Swift code?
let age = 33 let outputString = "Someone you know is \(age) years old"
- xcrun swift.
- var result = 3 * 19 (The playground result pane displays 57.)
- Type a colon (:) then q, and then press Return.
- Mac OS X 10.9.3 is the minimum version to run Xcode 6.
- The output would be: “Someone you know is 33 years old”.