- Learning Objectives
- Why Are Projects Important?
- Who Are Project Managers?
- Project Management Roots
- Key Concepts of Project Management
- The PMBOK Guide?the Standard
- How to Use the PMBOK Guide
- Where the Activity Occurs
- Project Management Issues Not Addressed by the PMBOK Guide
- Emerging Issues Likely to Be Addressed in Future Editions
- Common Project Management Methodologies
- Key Terms You Should Know
- Discussion Questions
- Final Points
This chapter is from the book
After completing this chapter, you should be able to
- Understand why projects are important.
- Identify project managers and their roles.
- Recognize early project management roots and history.
- Comprehend the key concepts of project management.
- Understand the layout and organization of the PMBOK Guide.
- Use the PMBOK Guide to assist you in understanding project management and selecting a specific methodology.
- Recognize common project management methodologies.