- Learning Objectives
- Why Are Projects Important?
- Who Are Project Managers?
- Project Management Roots
- Key Concepts of Project Management
- The PMBOK Guide?the Standard
- How to Use the PMBOK Guide
- Where the Activity Occurs
- Project Management Issues Not Addressed by the PMBOK Guide
- Emerging Issues Likely to Be Addressed in Future Editions
- Common Project Management Methodologies
- Key Terms You Should Know
- Discussion Questions
- Final Points
Ongoing operations—especially well-managed, quality, repeatable operations—are a way for an organization to accomplish its mission. Projects are vehicles to help organizations learn, change, adapt, improve, and adopt new processes, products, or technology. Well-managed projects are ways for project managers to provide enabling support for the sustainment and improvement of their organizations’ ongoing operations.