Modifying More Settings
There are too many settings in Android to cover in this book, but here are some of the more important settings that you should know about.
Tap the Apps icon on the Home screen.
In the Apps screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Device in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Tap Display.
- Set the brightness level by tapping Brightness and then move the slider in the Brightness window to change the brightness level.
- When you finish changing the brightness level, tap OK.
Tap Screen Timeout.
Select the period of inactivity after which the screen times out and goes dark. The default is one minute. If you don’t want to change the time interval, tap Cancel.
- Tap Font in the settings list.
- Set the font style by tapping Font Style. When you select the font style you can choose from the built-in fonts or you can search for, purchase, and download fonts from the Google Play Store.
If you find that the text isn’t legible enough, you can enhance clarity of the text by tapping Font Size.
Tap the font size you want from the Font Size window list.
- After you tap the font size, the new font size appears within the Settings page after a second or two. If you want to change the font size again, tap Font Size in the menu and then tap another font size in the Font Size window list.