- The Corporate Learning Function
- Globalization: Global Workplace and a Borderless Workforce
- Talent Management: A Surplus of Workers and a Shortage of Required Competencies
- Workforce Segmentation: Various Employee Groups
- Careers: Hybrid Careers and Fluid Jobs
- Learning Technologies: Continue to Evolve
This chapter presented the corporate learning function in the context of the rapidly changing learning landscape. It illustrated how several challenges are generating intense pressure on the corporate learning function to keep pace with a set of new norms for how organizations develop human resources. These challenges include globalization, talent management, workforce segmentation, hybrid careers and fluid jobs, and learning technologies. These challenges, among others, are changing the way people learn—and making investment in employee training and development more critical in determining the success of an organization than it has been in the past.