Cisco Networking Academy Connecting Networks Companion Guide: Connecting to the WAN
This chapter is from the book
Different technologies are used for WANs than for LANs. This chapter introduces WAN standards, technologies, and purposes. It covers selecting the appropriate WAN technologies, services, and devices to meet the changing business requirements of an evolving enterprise.
Upon completion of this chapter
- What is the purpose of a WAN?
- How does a circuit-switched network differ from a packet-switched network?
- How do service provider networks connect to enterprise networks?
- How do the link connection options available from private WAN infrastructures and public WAN infrastructures differ?
- What questions should you answer when choosing a WAN link connection?