- Installing Windows 2000 Professional
- Implementing and Conducting Administration of Resources
- Implementing, Managing, and Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Drivers
- Monitoring and Optimizing System Performance and Reliability
- Configuring and Troubleshooting the Desktop Environment
- Implementing, Managing, and Troubleshooting Network Protocols and Services
- Implementing, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Security
- How to Pass this Exam
- Exam Resources
Monitoring and Optimizing System Performance and Reliability
As an expert in Windows 2000 Professional, you should know how to optimize the operating system. This includes Virtual Memory settings, Task Manager, Disk Defragmenter, Recovery Console, and Backup. Spend some time in each of these tools, know how they work and when to use them, and you'll have this objective whipped.
New to Windows 2000 is Safe Mode. Know why Safe Mode exists, when to invoke it, and what to do when you get there. You can expect questions that focus on this new feature. Know it.
Study Hint: Spend some extra time on the Recovery Console and the Emergency Repair Disk. You'll be glad you did.