Cisco Networking Academy's Introduction to VLANs
- Key Terms
- Introduction (188.8.131.52)
- VLAN Segmentation (3.1)
- VLANs in a Multiswitched Environment (3.1.2)
- VLAN Implementations (3.2)
- VLAN Trunks (3.2.2)
- Dynamic Trunking Protocol (3.2.3)
- Troubleshoot VLANs and Trunks (3.2.4)
- VLAN Security and Design (3.3)
- Design Best Practices for VLANs (3.3.2)
- Summary (3.4)
- Class Activities
- Packet Tracer Activities
- Check Your Understanding Questions
Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What is a VLAN and what benefits are provided by implementing VLANs?
- What are the different types of VLANs?
- When would you use a trunk?
- How does a trunk work?
- What is the purpose of the native VLAN?
- How do you configure VLANs and trunks?
- What is DTP and when should you use it?
- What commands would be used to troubleshoot VLANs and trunks?
- What types of security issues are related to VLANs and trunks and how would you mitigate these issues?
- What are the best practices to use when implementing VLANs and trunks?