Customizing Your HTC One
In this chapter, you learn how to customize your HTC One to suit your needs and lifestyle. Topics include the following:
- → Wallpapers and live wallpapers
- → Replacing the keyboard
- → Sound and display settings
- → Setting region and language
- → Kid Mode
Your HTC One arrives preconfigured to appeal to most buyers; however, you might want to change the way some of the features work, or even personalize it to fit your mood or lifestyle. Luckily, your HTC One is customizable.
Change Your Wallpaper
Your HTC One comes preloaded with a cool wallpaper. You can install other wallpapers, use live wallpapers that animate, and even use pictures in the Gallery application as your wallpaper.
Pull down the Notification bar and touch the Settings icon.
- Touch Wallpaper.
Touch the type of wallpaper you want to use. Use the steps in one of the following three sections to select your wallpaper.
Wallpaper from Gallery Pictures
You can use any picture in your Gallery as a wallpaper.
Select the photo you want to use as your wallpaper.
- Move the crop box to the part of the photo you want to use.
- Adjust the size of the crop box to include the part of the photo you want.
Touch Done to use the cropped portion of the photo as your wallpaper.
Live wallpaper is wallpaper with some intelligence behind it. It can be a cool animation, an animation that keys off things such as the music you are playing on your HTC One, or it can be something simple, such as the time. There are some very cool live wallpapers in Google Play that you can install and use.
Touch the live wallpaper you want to use. In this example, we will use the ST: Red Alert Live Wallpaper.
- Touch to see and change the live wallpaper settings, if it has settings to change.
Touch Set Wallpaper to use the live wallpaper.
Choose a static wallpaper.
- Swipe left and right to see all the wallpapers.
- Touch a wallpaper to preview it.
Touch Apply to use the wallpaper.