Lighting can dramatically improve the look and feel of a scene. This workshop asks a few questions that you should now be able to answer, and it includes an exercise that challenges you to create a lighting setup that requires the use of photometric lights.
- When is the 3ds Max default lighting available?
- What does ambient light do?
- What are shadows?
- What two lighting subcategories are available in 3ds Max?
- The default lighting is available in 3ds Max when the program starts or when no other lights are in the scene.
- Ambient light controls the overall lighting for a whole scene.
- Shadows are areas where light is obstructed by an object, causing an area to be darker than its surroundings.
- 3ds Max provides standard and photometric lighting options.