- Using the Explorer Window
- Changing the Explorer Window View
- Using the Ribbon
- Choosing Commands
- Opening and Viewing This PC
- Viewing and Opening Documents
- Working with Libraries
- Working with Personal Folders
- Navigating Between Folders
- Viewing the Folders List
- Changing the Explorer Layout
- Customizing the Navigation Pane
- Organizing Files by Headings
- Sorting and Grouping Files
- Searching for Files and Folders
- Saving a Search
- Changing Search Options
- Modifying the Index to Improve Searches
- Adding Properties and Tags to Files
- Creating and Renaming Files and Folders
- Copying and Moving Files and Folders
- Deleting and Restoring Files and Folders
- Changing File and Folder List Views
- Hiding Files and Folders
- Changing Folder Options
- Customizing Library Folders
- Customizing Personal Folders
- Sharing Folders or Files with Others
- Compressing Files and Folders
- Managing Files Using a CD or DVD
- Creating a Shortcut to a File or Folder
Saving a Search
If you frequently perform the same search, you can save your search results like any file and perform or modify the search again later. When you save a search, the search is saved by default with Window Search Explorer in the Searches folder in your personal folder and added to the Favorites folder in the Navigation pane. Like any link, you can move a saved search from the Searches folder to the Favorites category in the Navigation pane to make it more accessible. To run a saved search, display the saved search link, and then click or tap it.
Save a Search
- In the desktop, click or tap the File Explorer button on the taskbar.
- Open an Explorer window in the location where you want to search.
- Click or tap in the Search box, specify the criteria you want, and then perform the search.
Click or tap the Save search button on the Search tab.
- Type a name for the search.
Click or tap Save.
- To use a saved search, click or tap the saved search link in Favorites in the Navigation pane or double-click or double-tap the saved search in the Searches folder in the personal folder.