Working with Contacts
After you have contacts in your iPad, you can do a few things from a contact in the Contacts app.
- Tap and hold the name to copy it to the clipboard buffer.
- Tap and hold the phone number to copy it to the clipboard buffer.
- Tap the message button to send a text message to the user using that phone number. This uses Apple’s iMessage system, so it will only work for other Apple users, not those who use mobile carrier’s SMS systems.
- Tap the FaceTime button to start a video chat with the user, providing they are also on an iOS device (or a Mac) and have set up FaceTime. You can start a FaceTime video call, or tap the phone-like button for an audio-only call.
- Tap the email address to start composing a new email in the Mail app.
- Tap to the right of Notes to add more information without entering Edit mode.
- Tap Share Contact to send the contact information via a text message, email, or using AirDrop.
- Tap Add to Favorites to add this contact to your Favorites group for easier access.
Tap Edit to enter Edit mode, which gives you the same basic functionality as entering a new contact.