Organizing Your Life with Your iPad Mini
- Dec 27, 2013
In this chapter:
- Adding a Contact
- Searching for a Contact
- Working with Contacts
- Creating a Calendar Event
- Using Calendar Views
- Creating Calendars
- Creating Notes
- Setting Reminders
- Setting Clock Alarms
Whether you are a well-connected businessperson or just someone who has lots of friends, you can use the iPad to organize your life with the default Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, and Clock apps. Let’s take a close look at some of the things you can do with these apps.
Adding a Contact
If you use Contacts on your Mac or a contact management application on Windows, all your contacts can transfer to your iPad the first time you sync. If you have been using iCloud on your Mac or another iOS device, then your contacts will automatically appear on your iPad when you sign in to iCloud. You can also add new contacts directly on your iPad.
Tap the Contacts app icon to launch the app.
Press the + button near the top of the screen. A New Contact form and keyboard appear.
- Type the first name of the contact. No need to use Shift to capitalize the name because that happens automatically.
- Tap the return key on the keyboard to advance to the next field and type the last name for the contact.
To add more information, like a phone number, tap the green + button next to the field name.
- Type the phone number.
- If you ever want to remove some information from the contact, you can use the red – buttons.
- You can add more than one phone number per contact. Some contacts may have many: home, work, mobile, and so on.
Tap Add Photo to add a photo from one of your photo albums.
- You can add one or more email addresses to the contact as well. These will be used in your Mail app when you compose a new message. You will only need to type the person’s name, or choose them from a list, instead of typing their email address.
- You can add one or more physical addresses for the contact.
- You can select a specific ringtone for the contact that is used when they call you via FaceTime. You can also set a specific Text tone.
- You can swipe up to see more fields. You can even add custom fields and notes to a contact.
Tap the Done button to complete the new contact.