- Creating a SharePoint Site
- Viewing a Site Window
- Getting Around a Site
- Viewing Site Content
- Changing a Site Title and Logo
- Changing the Look of a Site
- Changing Language and Regional Settings
- Changing and Creating Navigation Links
- Using Navigation Aids
- Searching for Site Content
- Opening or Adding Site Pages
- Working with Site Pages
- Viewing a Site Hierarchy
- Managing Site Features
- Exploring Site Features
- Sharing a Site
- Saving a Site as a Template
- Deleting a SharePoint Site
- Using Site Closure and Deletion Settings
Sharing a Site
With SharePoint, you can send an invitation to share a site (New!) with others who do or don’t already have access to it. You can specify a name from your members or enter any email address, and include a personal message with your invitation. That’s all you need to do, unless you want to specify other options to send an email invitation or set a group or permission level (New!) including Members [Edit], Owners [Full Control], or Visitor [Read]. Whenever a site document gets updated, you can receive alerts in your Newsfeed. You can also use your mobile device to share a site document or folder in a library.
Share a Site
- In your web browser, open your SharePoint site.
- Navigate to the site you want to share.
- Click the Share button on the Navigation bar.
- Enter names, email addresses, or ‘Everyone’, and then select them from the list, as available.
- Enter an optional message to include with the email invitation.
To set other options, click the Show Options link, and then specify any of the following:
- Send an email invitation. Select or clear the check box to include or not the personal message with the invitation.
- Select a group or permission level. Select a group or permission level, including Members [Edit], Owners [Full Control], or Visitor [Read].
Click Share to send the invitation.
In the recipients email program, a message appears with a link to go to the site.