- Creating a SharePoint Site
- Viewing a Site Window
- Getting Around a Site
- Viewing Site Content
- Changing a Site Title and Logo
- Changing the Look of a Site
- Changing Language and Regional Settings
- Changing and Creating Navigation Links
- Using Navigation Aids
- Searching for Site Content
- Opening or Adding Site Pages
- Working with Site Pages
- Viewing a Site Hierarchy
- Managing Site Features
- Exploring Site Features
- Sharing a Site
- Saving a Site as a Template
- Deleting a SharePoint Site
- Using Site Closure and Deletion Settings
Managing Site Features
Each site comes with a set of features that you can enable (activate) or disable (deactivate) based on your needs. Some features come activated when you create a site while other features are deactivated. For example, features—such as Getting Started, Following Content, and Mobile Browser View—come activate, while other features—such as Announcement Tiles, Community Site Features, or SharePoint Server Publishing to create web sites. Some site features need to be activated at the top-site collection level or require other features to be activated using the Site collection features link (under Site Collection Administration in Site Settings) before you can complete the process. An alert message appears to let you know.
Activate or Deactivate Site Features
- In your web browser, open your SharePoint site.
- Navigate to the site you want to activate or deactivate a site feature.
- Click the Settings button (Gear icon), and then click Site settings.
Under Site Actions, click the Manage site features link.
- For top site level. Under Site Collection Administration, click Site collection features link.
- View and scroll the list of available features for the site and its status.
Click Activate or Deactivate to enable or disable a site feature.
IMPORTANT If an alert message appears, you might not have permission or need to activate another feature.