- Targeting .NET 4.5
- New Structure and Solution Explorer Enhancements
- Improved Team Development
- Easier Navigation
- Enhanced Views with Multiple Designers
- Intrinsic Database Management with Linked Database Projects
Switching between designers and visual elements is a frequent task. To make this common task easier, LightSwitch now offers the following options:
- Navigation buttons are available on the left end of the standard toolbar (highlighted in red in Figure 2). With these buttons, you can easily go back and forward to elements you worked with previously.
- The Related Items drop-down list, available at the upper-right corner of any designer (highlighted in green in Figure 2) allows for easy navigation to screens, entities, and queries that have a relationship with the item you're currently viewing. For example, in Figure 2 the Customer entity has a relationship with the Orders table, with screens that use the entity as the data source, and with a query called Query1.
Figure 2 Simplified navigation between designers and windows.