- Using the Pages Panel
- Inserting Pages
- Navigating Pages
- Changing the Page Size
- Deleting Pages
- Moving Pages
- Working with Page Spreads
- Rotating Page Spreads
- Creating Master Pages
- Working with Master Pages
- Working with Page Numbers and Sections
- Working with Chapter Numbers
- Creating and Using Text Variables
- Creating a Book
- Managing Books
- Creating a Table of Contents
- Starting an Index
- Creating an Index Entry
- Creating an Index
- Managing an Index
When you create a book, you can synchronize page numbers, colors, and styles for all the documents in the book. Each book uses a file called the style source to control the style sheets (including character, paragraph, table, and object styles), swatches, conditional text, numbered lists, text variables, and master pages for all the documents in the book. When you make changes to the style source file, all or selected documents in the book are synchronized to the file. You can set synchronizing options to specify the features that you want to keep up-to-date in the Synchronize Options dialog box. With the Smart Match Style Groups synchronize option, you can synchronize a book without creating duplicate styles.
- Synchronize Options. Open the book, click the Options button, click Synchronize Options, select the options you want to synchronize, and then click OK.
- Set Style Source. Open the book, and then click the Style Source box next to the name of the document.
- Synchronize Style Source for a Book. Open the book, and then click the Synchronize Book button on the panel.
- Synchronize Style Source for a Document. Open the book, select the document, click the Options button, and then click Synchronize Selected Documents.
Set Page Numbering Options in a Book
- Open the book you want to change.
- Click the Options button, and then click Book Page Numbering Options.
Select one of the following Page Order options:
- Continue from previous document. Starts new pages in sequence.
- Continue on next odd page. Starts new pages on an odd number.
- Continue on next even page. Starts new pages on an even number.
Select any of the following options:
- Insert Blank Page. Select to insert a blank page when using odd or even page numbers.
- Automatically Update Page & Section Numbers. Select to automatically adjust page numbers in book documents.
- Click OK.
To update numbering in a book, click the Options button, choose Update Numbering, and then click any of the following:
- Update Page & Section Numbers.
- Update Chapter & Paragraph Numbers.
- Update All Numbers.