- Making Your Presentation Look Consistent
- Viewing Masters
- Controlling Slide Appearance with Masters
- Controlling a Slide Layout with Masters
- Modifying Placeholders
- Controlling a Slide Background with Masters
- Adding a Header and Footer
- Inserting Slide Numbers
- Inserting the Date and Time
- Understanding Color Themes
- Viewing and Applying a Theme
- Creating a Color Theme
- Choosing Theme Fonts
- Choosing Theme Effects
- Creating a Custom Theme
- Adding Colors to a Presentation
- Adding a Background Style
- Modifying a Background Style
- Setting Up for Personal Templates
- Creating a Personal Template
- Opening a Template
Adding a Header and Footer
Headers and footers appear on every slide. You can choose to not have them appear on the title slide. They often include information such as the presentation title, slide number, date, and name of the presenter. Use the masters to place header and footer information on your slides, handouts, or notes pages. Make sure your header and footer don’t make your presentation look cluttered. The default font size is usually small enough to minimize distraction, but you can experiment by changing their font size and placement to make sure.
Add a Header and Footer
- Click the Insert tab, and then click the Header & Footer button.
- Click the Slide or Notes and Handouts tab.
- Enter or select the information you want to include on your slide or your notes and handouts.
- To not include a header and footer on the title slide, select the Don’t show on title slide check box.
- Click Apply to apply your selections to the current slide (if available), or click Apply to All to apply the selections to all slides.
Change the Look of a Header or Footer
- Click the View tab, and then click the master view (Slide Master, Handout Master, or Notes Master) button with the master you want to change.
- Make the necessary changes to the header and footer like any other text box. You can move or resize them or change their text attributes using the Home tab.
- Click the Close Master View button on the Ribbon.