- Understanding Theme Differences Between WordPress.org and WordPress.com
- Exploring WordPress Theme Layout Options
- Exploring WordPress Theme Pricing Options
- Five Steps to Choosing the Perfect Theme
- Searching for and Activating a Theme (WordPress.com)
- Searching for and Installing a Theme (WordPress.org)
- Uploading a Theme (WordPress.org)
- Using Live Preview
- Activating a Different Theme
- Customizing Your Theme
- Other Theme Customization Options (WordPress.org)
- Deleting a Theme (WordPress.org)
Using Live Preview
Live Preview enables you to try out a new theme using the content from your own website. With Live Preview, you can also customize theme attributes including colors, header images, and more.
Preview a Theme with Live Preview
- From the main navigation menu, select Appearance, Themes.
- In the Available Themes section, click the Live Preview link below the theme you want to preview.
On the sidebar, make any changes to your theme. For example, you can change your site title and tagline, colors, header image, background image, or static front page (the options available vary by theme). WordPress displays any changes automatically in the preview window.
- If you want to save your customization changes and activate this theme, click the Save & Activate button. WordPress saves any changes you made, activates the theme, and returns to the Manage Themes screen.
- If you don’t want to activate the theme or if you are not happy with your changes, click the Cancel button to return to the Manage Themes screen.