- Understanding Theme Differences Between WordPress.org and WordPress.com
- Exploring WordPress Theme Layout Options
- Exploring WordPress Theme Pricing Options
- Five Steps to Choosing the Perfect Theme
- Searching for and Activating a Theme (WordPress.com)
- Searching for and Installing a Theme (WordPress.org)
- Uploading a Theme (WordPress.org)
- Using Live Preview
- Activating a Different Theme
- Customizing Your Theme
- Other Theme Customization Options (WordPress.org)
- Deleting a Theme (WordPress.org)
Uploading a Theme (WordPress.org)
If you purchase a theme or download a free theme from the Web, you can install it directly from WordPress. Your theme must be in the .zip format to upload, which is the standard for packaging theme files.
Upload a Theme
- From the main navigation menu, select Appearance, Themes.
- Click the Install Themes tab.
- Click the Upload link.
- Click the Browse button.
- Select the theme you want to upload in the File Upload dialog box, and click the Open button. Depending on your operating system and browser, the names of this dialog box and button might vary.
- Click the Install Now button.
- Click the Live Preview link to preview the theme with your own content. See “Using Live Preview” later in this chapter for more information.
- Click the Activate link if you want to activate this theme now. (You can always activate later.)