- Understanding Theme Differences Between WordPress.org and WordPress.com
- Exploring WordPress Theme Layout Options
- Exploring WordPress Theme Pricing Options
- Five Steps to Choosing the Perfect Theme
- Searching for and Activating a Theme (WordPress.com)
- Searching for and Installing a Theme (WordPress.org)
- Uploading a Theme (WordPress.org)
- Using Live Preview
- Activating a Different Theme
- Customizing Your Theme
- Other Theme Customization Options (WordPress.org)
- Deleting a Theme (WordPress.org)
Searching for and Activating a Theme (WordPress.com)
On WordPress.com, you must search for and activate all themes on the Manage Themes screen.
Search for and Activate a Theme
- From the main navigation menu, select Appearance, Themes.
- Click the Feature Filter link.
- Select the check boxes next to the theme features you want. You can filter by color, number of columns, sidebar location, width, or other features, such as only themes that support custom headers, custom menus, or featured images.
- Click the Apply Filters button at the bottom of the screen. WordPress displays thumbnails of all themes that match your criteria.
- Scroll down the screen and click the Live Preview link below a theme’s thumbnail to preview it. When you’re finished previewing, click the Close button (x) in the upper-left corner of the preview window to close it and return to your list of matching themes.
- Click the Details link below a theme’s thumbnail to view more information about a theme, including its version number and user rating.
- If you want to activate a free theme, click the Activate link below the theme’s thumbnail.
- If you want to activate a premium theme, click the Purchase link below the theme’s thumbnail. The theme’s price displays next to the link. WordPress prompts you to pay for the theme by credit card or PayPal.