Adjusting Sound Settings
You can change the volume for games, ringtones, and alarms, change the default ringtone and notification sound, plus control what system sounds are used.
- Pull down the Notification bar and touch the Settings icon.
- Touch Sound.
- Touch to change the volume for games and media, such as videos and music, ringtones and notifications, and alarms.
- Touch to choose the intensity of vibrations for incoming calls, notifications, and haptic feedback.
- Touch to choose the default notification ringtone or add new ones.
- Touch to choose the vibration pattern used for notifications or create your own.
- Touch to choose the sound that plays for notifications.
- Touch to enable or disable playing a sound and vibration when being notified. This option is only available when you have your Galaxy Note II in Sound mode.
- Touch to enable or disable playing touch-tone sounds when typing numbers on the phone keypad.
- Touch to enable or disable the touch sounds that play when you touch something on the screen or a menu.
- Scroll down for more settings.
- Touch to enable or disable the screen lock sound that plays when your Galaxy Note II locks the screen after the inactivity timeout.
- Touch to enable or disable Haptic feedback, which is a vibration that indicates that you have successfully touched the Menu and Back keys.
- Touch to save your changes and return to the previous screen.