Adding Widgets to Your Home Screens
Some applications that you install come with widgets that you can place on your Home screens. These widgets normally display real-time information, such as stocks, weather, time, and Facebook feeds. Your Galaxy Note II also comes preinstalled with some widgets. Here is how to add and manage widgets.
Add a Widget
Your Galaxy Note II should come preinstalled with some widgets, but you might also have some extra ones that have been added when you installed other applications. Here is how to add those widgets to your Home screens.
- Touch the Launcher icon.
- Touch Widgets.
- Touch and hold a widget to move it to the Home screen. Keep holding the widget as you move to step 4. This example uses the Dual Clock (Analog).
- Position the widget where you want it on the Home screen.
- Drag the widget between sections of the Home screen.
Release your finger to place the widget. Some widgets ask you a few questions after they are positioned.
Remove and Move a Widget
Sometimes you want to remove a widget, resize it, or move it around.
- Touch and hold the widget until you see a blue shadow, but continue to hold the widget.
- Drag the widget to the word Remove to remove it.
- Drag the widget around the screen or drag it between sections of the Home screen to reposition it.
- Release the widget.
Setting the Language
If you move to another country or want to change the language used by your Galaxy Note II, you can do so with a few touches.
- Pull down the Notification bar and touch the Settings icon.
- Touch Language and Input.
- Touch Language.
- Touch the language you want to switch to.