- Unleash Your Web Server's True Power!
- Web Tuning Strategies
- Strategy: Optimize NT's Network Subsystem for Web-Based Workloads
- Strategy: Tune the Web Server Software Engine to Utilize All Available Server Resources
- Strategy: Tune Your Web Application to Utilize Available CPU Resources
- Strategy: Design the Disk Subsystem Layout for the Low Latency
In this article, we focused on improving the performance of your NT-based Web server from a system perspective. It is important to understand the type of Web content that you are providing and to monitor your server resources closely. Armed with this information and what tuning options are available, you are empowered to make informed decisions when maximizing the performance of your Web server. Windows NT Server provides a very capable Web server platform. But as you can deduce from the detailed information provided in this article, if you want a high-performance solution that can scale with your needs, it's not quite just a "point-and-click" setup, which the Microsoft marketing department may lead you to believe.