- Locating and Inserting an Online Picture
- Inserting a Picture
- Inserting a Picture Screen Shot
- Adding an Artistic Style to a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Correcting a Picture
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Removing a Picture Background
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Adding Pictures to a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Elements
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Inserting Apps for Office Programs
Inserting Apps for Office Programs
With Office.com (New!), you can add functionality with a third-party app to an Office program, and then use the app to extend features in a document. For example, you can add an app called Radial Bar Chart to provide other options for charting in Excel. You can also add an app called Dictionary - Merriam to use an enhanced dictionary. To use Office.com, you need to have a Microsoft account, and be signed in with your Office program. You can insert an app by using the Apps for Office button (New!) on the Insert tab. The apps you add to your Office programs are inserted and managed online using your web browser. Apps are designed for specific Office programs and only appear for them.
Insert an App for an Office Program
- Click the Insert tab.
Click the Apps for Office button (New!), and then click See All.
A list of installed apps appears under MY APPS.
- To insert an app object, click MY APPS, click an app tile, and then click Insert.
- To quickly insert an app object, click the Apps for Office button, and then click an app.
The app inserts an object with the specified functionality. Follow the on-screen instructions for the app object to use the app.
- To add an app, click FEATURED APPS, click an app tile, wait for your browser to open, click the Add button, click the Continue button, and then click the Close button to exit.
To manage your apps, click Manage My Apps, and then wait for your browser to open. Use the options, and then click the Close button to exit.
- To hide an app, click the Hide link.