- Locating and Inserting an Online Picture
- Inserting a Picture
- Inserting a Picture Screen Shot
- Adding an Artistic Style to a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Correcting a Picture
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Removing a Picture Background
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Adding Pictures to a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Elements
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Inserting Apps for Office Programs
Formatting Line and Bar Charts
If you’re using a line or bar chart, you can add trendlines, series lines, drop lines, high-low lines, up/down bars, or error bars with different options to make the chart easier to read. Trendlines are graphical representations of trends in data that you can use to analyze problems of prediction. For example, you can add a trendline to forecast a trend toward rising revenue. Series lines connect data series in 2-D stacked bar and column charts. Drop lines extend a data point to a category in a line or area chart, which makes it easy to see where data markers begin and end. High-low lines display the highest to the lowest value in each category in 2-D charts. Stock charts are examples of high-low lines and up/down bars. Error bars show potential error amounts graphically relative to each data marker in a data series. Error bars are usually used in statistical or scientific data. To format these charts, you can use the Add Chart Element button (New!) on the Design tab under Chart Tools.
Format Line and Bar Charts
- Select the line or bar chart you want to modify.
- Click the Design tab under Chart Tools.
Click the Add Chart Element button (New!), and then point to one of the following options:
- Trendline to remove or add different types of trendlines: Linear, Exponential, Linear Forecast, and Two Period Moving Average.
- Lines to hide Drop Lines, High-Low Lines or Series Lines, or show series lines on a 2-D stacked Bar/Column Pie or Pie or Bar of Pie chart.
- Up/Down Bars to hide Up/Down Bars, or show Up/Down Bars on a line chart.
- Error Bars to hide error bars or show error bars with using Standard Error, Percentage, or Standard Deviation.