- Locating and Inserting an Online Picture
- Inserting a Picture
- Inserting a Picture Screen Shot
- Adding an Artistic Style to a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Correcting a Picture
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Removing a Picture Background
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Adding Pictures to a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Elements
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Inserting Apps for Office Programs
Creating an Organization Chart
An organization chart shows the reporting relationships between individuals in an organization. For example, you can show the relationship between a manager and employees within a company. You can create an organization chart using a SmartArt graphic or using Microsoft Organization Chart. A SmartArt graphic organization chart makes it easy to add shapes using the graphic portion or the Text pane. Like any SmartArt graphic, you can add special effects—such as soft edges, glows, or 3-D effects, and animation—to an organization chart.
Create an Organization Chart Using a SmartArt Graphic
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click the SmartArt button.
- In the left pane, click Hierarchy.
- Click an organization chart type.
- Click OK.
Label the shapes by doing one of the following:
- Type text in the [Text] box.
- Click a shape, and then type text directly into the shape.
- To add shapes from the Text pane, place the insertion point at the beginning of the text where you want to add a shape, type the text you want, press Enter, and then to indent the new shape, press Tab or to promote, press Shift+Tab.
You can also click the Add Shape button arrow on the Design tab under SmartArt Tools, and then select the type of shape you want to add.
- To change the layout or style, click the Design tab under SmartArt Tools, click the scroll up or down arrow, or click the More list arrow in the Layouts group or Quick Styles group, and then select a layout or style.
- When you’re done, click outside of the SmartArt graphic.