- Locating and Inserting an Online Picture
- Inserting a Picture
- Inserting a Picture Screen Shot
- Adding an Artistic Style to a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Correcting a Picture
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Removing a Picture Background
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Adding Pictures to a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Elements
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Inserting Apps for Office Programs
Creating WordArt Text
The WordArt feature lets you create stylized text to draw attention to your most important words. Most users apply WordArt to a word or a short phrase, such as Big Smiles. You should apply WordArt to a document sparingly. Its visual appeal and unique look requires uncluttered space. When you use WordArt, you can choose from a variety of text styles that come with the WordArt Quick Style gallery, or you can create your own using tools in the WordArt Styles group. To quickly see if you like a WordArt Quick Style, point to a thumbnail in the gallery to display a live preview of it in the selected text. If you like it, you can apply it. You can also use the free angle handle (pink diamond) inside the selected text box to adjust your WordArt text angle.
Insert WordArt Text
- Click the Insert tab.
Click the WordArt button, and then click one of the WordArt styles.
A WordArt text box appears on the document with selected placeholder text.
Type the text you want WordArt to use.
- Drag a resize handle as needed to increase or decrease the size of the WordArt text box.
- If applicable, use the Font and Paragraph options on the Home tab to modify the text you entered.
- To edit WordArt text, click to place the insertion point where you want to edit, and then edit the text.