- Launch Query Studio
- Query Studio High-Level Interface
- Report Types
- Open an Existing Report
- Create a List Report
- Run the Report
- Change Layout
- Create a Crosstab Report
- Create Filters
- Summarize Report
- Sort Data
- Create Calculations
- Create Charts
- Define Conditional Styles
- In a Nutshell: Reviewing by IBM Cognos BI Audience
Define Conditional Styles
Conditional styles are used to highlight important information in the report. For example, you can choose to display all quantities < 500,000 as red and all quantities > 5,000,000 as green. This quickly highlights the ones that are not doing that well in the report. You can define thresholds that are meaningful to your business, as shown in Figure 5.24. You can define conditional styles for numeric, text, and date values.
Figure 5.24. Define conditional styles to highlight quantity.
To define conditional styles, perform the following steps:
- In IBM Cognos Connection, click Launch > Query Studio.
- Select the GO Data Warehouse (query) package when prompted to select a package.
- Click the New option to create a new report.
- Select GO Data Warehouse (query) > Sales and Marketing (query) > Sales (query).
- Expand Products > add Product line, Product type to the report via the Insert button.
- Expand Sales fact > click Quantity > click Insert button to the report.
- In the report, click Quantity.
- Click the Change Layout menu > click Define Conditional Styles.
- In the Range column, in the New value box, type 5,000,000 > click Insert.
- In the Range column, in the New value box, type 500,000 > click Insert.
- In the Style column, for 5,000,000 from the drop-down list > select Very good. You can change the color using the pencil icon; the default is green.
- In the Style column, for 500,000 from the drop-down list > select Poor. You can change the color using the pencil icon; the default is red.
NOTE: Notice that the rows with quantities > 5,000,000 are marked green and the rows with quantities < 500,000 are marked red. You can change both foreground and background colors to match your requirement.