- Launch Query Studio
- Query Studio High-Level Interface
- Report Types
- Open an Existing Report
- Create a List Report
- Run the Report
- Change Layout
- Create a Crosstab Report
- Create Filters
- Summarize Report
- Sort Data
- Create Calculations
- Create Charts
- Define Conditional Styles
- In a Nutshell: Reviewing by IBM Cognos BI Audience
The Summarize option enables you to add or remove footer values. You can also use this option to change how the detail values are calculated in the report.
To summarize a report, perform the following steps:
Click the New option to create a new report.
NOTE: This example uses GO Data Warehouse (query) package.
- Insert Product line, Product type, and Quantity in the report.
Click Product line > click Group option in the toolbar.
NOTE: The Quantity is automatically summarized using the Total function. This is the default.
- Click the Quantity column header.
- Click Edit Data menu > click Summarize.
In the Summarize window, choose Average.
NOTE: The Quantity is now averaged.
- Click OK.
You can remove any summary from the report by performing the following steps:
- Click the column header Quantity > Edit Data menu > Summarize.
- In the Summarize window, on the Summary for Footers drop-down list > choose None.
NOTE: Navigate to the bottom of the page; notice that the footer summary has been removed.