From the author of
You can extend to a more complex service by using these methods:
- Use a more professional redirect with HTTP server configuration.
- Use DB2 HADR to migrate the database data.
- Use rsync to synchronize files in the WAS monitored directory that might change.
- Expand to a composite application with multiple instances—use DNS for system dependencies.
- Use VLAN to avoid opening of ports on the Internet for communication between instances in a composite system.
- Migrate SSL certificates.