- Part 1: Bartik Explained
- Theme Settings
- Part 2: Enabling Themes Explained
- Part 3: Installing Themes Explained
- Installing the Danland Theme
- Installing the Zero Point Theme
- Installing the Company Theme
- Installing the Sky Theme
- Part 3: Finding Themes Explained
- Avoiding Starter themes, Theme frameworks, Base themes
- Evaluating Themes
- Commercial Themes
- A Final Note on How Themes Get Built
- What?s Next?
Installing the Danland Theme
- Find the theme.
- Go to http://drupal.org/project/danland
- Copy the tar.gz link for the Drupal 7 version of this theme
- Install the theme.
- Go to your site.
- Click Appearance in the black menu bar.
- Click Install new theme.
- Paste the link into the Install from URL field.
- Click Install.
- Click Enable newly added themes.
- Turn on the theme.
- Scroll down and locate the Danland theme
- Click Enable and set default
- Set up the theme.
- Click on Settings for the Danland theme
- Observe that Danland comes with many the three basic settings we saw in Bartik, Garland, and Stark.
Now visit your homepage and you’ll see Danland live on your site, as in Figure 9.16.
Figure 9.16 Your site with Danland as the default theme
You’ll notice that there is a large slideshow across the homepage of your site. This slideshow only appears on the homepage, but the designers of Danland realized that not every user of theme might want such a large slideshow. If you click Appearance, you’ll see that there is also a version of this theme called Danblog. If you enable Danblog instead of Danland, the only difference you’ll see is that the slideshow has disappeared.