- Part 1: Bartik Explained
- Theme Settings
- Part 2: Enabling Themes Explained
- Part 3: Installing Themes Explained
- Installing the Danland Theme
- Installing the Zero Point Theme
- Installing the Company Theme
- Installing the Sky Theme
- Part 3: Finding Themes Explained
- Avoiding Starter themes, Theme frameworks, Base themes
- Evaluating Themes
- Commercial Themes
- A Final Note on How Themes Get Built
- What?s Next?
Part 3: Installing Themes Explained
Now that we’ve seen the default Drupal themes, let’s go ahead and install some new themes.
Let’s start by taking a look at a theme called Danland which provides an image slideshow, unlike any of the default themes.
The process to install a theme is very similar to the process we used when installing a module. We’re going to use the FITS workflow. Here’s how the FITS workflow is going to operate for themes:
- Find the theme.
- Install the theme.
- Turn on the theme.
- Set up the theme.
Let’s try the first Workflow with the Danland theme.