- Adding and Using an Additional Display
- Personalizing Your Desktop Background
- Selecting a Standard Window Color
- Creating a Customized Window Color
- Selecting a Screen Saver
- Saving a Desktop Theme
- Snapping Apps
- Managing Devices and Printers from the Windows Desktop
- Changing Default Settings for Media and Devices
Changing Default Settings for Media and Devices
What happens when you plug in your digital camera, flash memory card, or USB flash drive? How about when you insert a music CD? You can choose what happens when different types of devices and media are inserted. In this example, you use the Control Panel to specify what happens when you insert flash memory cards from digital cameras, music CDs, and blank CDs.
- From Control Panel, click Programs.
Click Change default settings for media or devices.
- Open the Memory card menu.
- Click Ask me every time.
- Select Play audio CD (Windows Media Player) from the Audio CD menu.
- Select Ask me every time from the Blank CD menu.
Insert a flash memory card or drive into your computer’s card reader.
Click or tap the message screen.
Choose the option you prefer from the AutoPlay menu.
Insert a music CD into your computer’s optical drive.
- Click Recommended settings.
- Click Finish.
The music CD plays automatically.